Realtor.com case study
REALTOR.com®, the official site of the National Association of REALTORS®, is the leading homes for sale Web site, providing home listings and essential real estate-related information to more than 20 million unique users each month. The site includes advice, ideas, how-to, tools, and calculators for homebuyers, renters and homeowners.
Creating a comprehensive, accurate and up-to-the-minute source of homes for sale or rent means aggregating listing data from hundreds of places and meticulously maintaining and updating this data base. There are approximately 900 multiple listing services, or MLSs, in the U.S. and thousands of other listing repositories internationally. To effectively create a global listing site that has reliable and real-time listing data requires building contractual relationships with all of the originating listing sources and listing sites.
Due in large part to its relationship with NAR and other real estate associations, REALTOR.com has been able to team up with nearly 900 MLSs, and aggregates over 845 data feeds from 33 countries to display home listings in a database with over four million homes available for sale or rent.
Realtor.com is the premier real estate listing site in the world
- REALTOR.com® continues to be the most engaging real estate listing search site maintaining leadership in minutes on site, pages viewed and total visits.
- Visitors spent nearly 400 million minutes searching on REALTOR.com® – almost 760 years of accumulated time.
- REALTOR.com® had over 48 million visits – That’s enough people to fill the Roman Coliseum over 555 times! (Wikipedia.org)
- 424 million pages were viewed on REALTOR.com® – Almost 11.5 times more pages were viewed on REALTOR.com® than exist on Facebook! (allfacebook.com)
- Over 838K International unique visitors searched for U.S. properties on REALTOR.com®. (Source: Omniture Site Catalyst, July 2012)